Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Wedding

I took a trip to Detroit, Michigan last week for a friend's wedding. I was on the road most of the time and did not take a lot of time off the road, and then my batteries in the camera died. Therefore I only have pictures taken at the wedding. I did have a good time, and met a number of new people including the family of some of my friends. Here are a couple of the pictures that I took of the wedding.

The sound men were testing the system to work out the rings.

Some of the guests for the wedding, as you can tell it was a bit chilly outside. The temperature was in the low 50s with an overcast sky.

The officiating preacher is leading followed by the groom (Andrew Wilson). The best man (Tim Miller, the bride's brother) follows him. (I think that was Tim Miller.)
I do not know who the pianist was, but she was excellent. (We had mostly cloudy skies until after the reception, which was held indoors. There were by this point quite a few patches of sunshine which made for nice, bright pictures.

The bride, her father, and her bridesmaids.

The Bride (Amy Miller) and the Groom (Andrew Wilson). She had just finished the walk down the aisle. I had to start praying as my camera battery was dying.

The repeating of the vows.

The newly married Rev. and Mrs. Andrew Wilson.



After this, my batteries died and there was no chance of resurrection. I was disappointed as there were many other pictures that I had hoped to take. I will say that the reception was excellent. There was fried chicken, punch, green beans, ham, and I dare not forget the cake. There were many gifts that were presented, and a lot of laughs. I also met the family of some of my friends.


I hung out with some friends of mine that were also in Detroit for the wedding, and finally departed around midnight. I got home at 0945. I had told my pastor, Dad, that I might not make it to church if I got home after 0100.  Needless to say, I was there and it was quite a bit after my scheduled arrival time.


I do have one more picture to post. I kept hearing about how cold it was at this wedding. I was at one earlier this year that was far colder. The middle of January, snow on the ground, temperatures in the single didgets, and the wedding was out side.



This was photo was taken in a park after the wedding, and it was one of the nicest pictures that I have of that day.




Well, I hope that you enjoyed the photos and update. There is much more to come.


In the grace of Jesus,

Jonathan Talbot

No comments: