Search This Blog

Sunday, October 30, 2011

My Trip to Kansas City: Part Two

I left off just before my brother and I went to church Friday evening. I will now try to pick up where I left off.

Phillip and I drove together to Bro. Stan Gleason's church, that is where the conference was being held. We generally are early to pray before church, but we were running behind, and so we actually walked in during the last half of pre-service prayer.

Service started and was good. The best part of course was the preaching. Bro. Lee Stoneking preached, and he was excellent. I do not remember everything that was said, but I do remember him preaching about Apostolic power. I received some direction from the Lord during that service, Afterward, I met some of the people that go to the same church as my brother. I also met some people from a church a few miles away from ours. That added to the trip.

After my brother and I left, we joined his pastor and church family at Cheddar's restaurant. Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures of this meeting, but we had a great time. Prophecy, psychology, and many other things were discussed around the table. The great thing about being with other Apostolics is the feeling that you are with family no matter where you are.

My brother and I took his car to the morning sessions, and we were able to hear Bro. Gleason teach about what anyone starting out should do when they seek to enter the ministry. He had approximately five or six points that he made. Some of them were as follows: 1) Listen to your Pastor. 2) Obey those in spiritual authority without question. 3) Make use of the opportunities as they come available. 4) Be found doing things without being asked. 5) Volunteer to be used, and then be found faithful even if is seems like a small thing.

Bro. Stoneking taught the next session. His topic was on the gifts of the Spirit and their operation. He did go very in depth, but he did enumerate a number of things about them. 1) The best gift is that is best for the situation. 2) The gifts are given to men, therefore they are going to be misused and abused. 3) In spite of point 2, we should still seek for the gifts to be used in us.

During the alter service, after his message, a tongues and interpretation went forth, and the assembly was continued to remain for a very long time. The morning sessions started at 1000, and my brother and I headed out with a few others to lunch around 1400. After lunch at Chili's, we went home to prepare for the evening service.

Keep your eyes peeled for Part 3. I intend to post it tomorrow or Monday.

See you then,

Jonathan

No comments: