Search This Blog

Friday, September 23, 2011

An Update and Other Things

I have been working so many hours that I have not had a lot of time for keeping up on my postings. I have once again done more work on the church website. There is now an upcoming events page and a page of pictures from our first fifth Sunday. I have more plans for additional updates, and hope that they will be of interest to everyone.

I am going to be starting a series of posts about the songs of our heritage. I believe that it is an important topic that we neglect to our injury, but I will deal more with that at a later time. These will be songs that I can think of, and will include everything from hymns to regular gospel songs to influential choruses.

I have been taking in a bit of the news over the last several weeks. I was shocked to be proven wrong when Gov. Rick Perry joined the race just after the debate in Iowa. I was fairly sure that the field was firmly nailed down, and that people would be leaving. However, I was proven to be in error. This did shake up the field quite a bit, as did the departure of Gov. Tim Pawlenty. I still do not see Sarah Palin getting in the race, but it could yet happen. I believe that we still have a three way race between Romney, Perry, and Bachman, but with the moderators and the media focusing only on the first two, it will be more difficult for her to make her mark until the primaries begin or other candidates leave the race.

It is a facinating day in which we live. The PLO leader has petitioned the U.N. for recognition of statehood. There are many problems that accompany this request, not the least is the refusal of most Palestinians to acknowledge Israel's right to exist. Their children chant in the streets for the destruction of Israel. Their educational system does not show maps with Israel's borders but rather a united Palestine. Because of President Obama's refusal to project American power and determination, the rest of the world feels no qualm about curbing our participation in the region. Truly God is settting the stage for his soon return for His people and bringing time to its inevitable conclusion. Now is the day for us to get ourselves ready to meet Him.

No comments: