Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Interesting things.

Sometimes it seems that nothing is going on, and then it seems that there is quite a bit that happens all at once. These are a few things that are happening or fixing to happen. It will be a bit random as I happen to think about something.

First, I started taking piano lessons a month ago. I have made some progress, but not as fast as what I had hoped. There is so much that I have to learn and practice. However, with God's grace, I am getting the hang of what I am doing. It is very interesting, and I am understanding the system of playing by note. I can hardly wait to start playing by ear. My teacher is a lady who attends a Bible Missionary church in the area. I have learned a lot, and anticipate learning so much more.

I saw an interesting sight. Maybe others have seen things like this, but I am sure it is a first for me.


No the helicopter itself is not unusual, but its location was.

This is at a Menard's construction site. I was shocked to see a helicopter being used at a construction site. Here is one last picture for your consideration.

This is one of the containers that the helicopter flew to rest in the interior of the building. I thought that it was so fascinating I took some pictures.


We are starting an outreach campaign for Halloween. We are going to sit in the church parking lot, and as kids and their parents pass by, we will give them a packet of candy with a church card. This way we get the name of the church out, and show ourselves active in the community. I hope to have some pictures of this for a later post.

Last and not least, I am going to be going to Kansas City, MO on Friday. I will be coming home sometime on Sunday. I am going down to the Passing the Mantle conference at Bro. Gleason's church, and visiting Phillip and his wife. I will have some pictures of that as well to post when I get back. If I can, I will post every day that I am down there, but I will not make any promises. Bro. Stoneking is going to be preaching, and I want to see him preach.

That is all for now,

In Christ,

JT

No comments: