Search This Blog

Friday, October 28, 2011

My trip to Kansas City: Part One

Well, it has been a week since I started my trip to Kansas City, and I am finally able to post some of what went down. First, I am going to explain why it took so long. I travelled home very early (or very late) on Monday morning. When I got home at 0900, I went to bed and remained there all day. I then had to work third shifts, and managed to contract a minor sinus infection or cold. However, God has been moving on my behalf, and I am far and away over the worst of it. That is why I am now posting.


I wanted to get leave the Quad Cities for Kansas City no later than 1000, but as seems to be the case whenever I travel, I got out about half an hour late. For this reason, I stopped for gas between Davenport and Walcott, and continued hurried on. My hurry precluded my taking pictures when I stopped, otherwise there would be more than just Dialogue here. I filled up with gas before I reached Des Moines, IA. I then had a relatively uneventful trip until I reached Liberty, MO.

If anybody reads this and you happen to from Liberty, I like your city, but there has to be a better way to Kansas City aside from turning off onto the highway. As one point, it took me nearly 10-15 minutes to move one tenth of a mile. I thought that I would be getting to my Phillip's apartment at 1630. However, I did not arrive until nearly 1700 (5:00 p.m. for those who are do not live on military time). However, once in Lee's Summit, I had no trouble finding the apartment and getting inside.

It was at this point that I had a problem. There are two bedrooms, and one of them was to be mine. However, not knowing which one, I sent a text (which is the exception not the rule for me) to Kat, Phillip's wife. She informed me which one was mine, and I quickly moved in and started preparing for church.

While I was busy, Phillip came home and started getting ready to go to church. When the time came, Phillip and I went to church. These were a few of the pictures that I took while I was waiting for him to get ready so we could leave.


This is Asher. He a near constant companion for Phillip. He also is a bit shy.

Here Asher is looking at Phillip in anticipation of a treat.

Phillip is fixing to giving Asher his treat by balancing it on his nose. Unfortunately, I was too busy after this to take any more pictures until Saturday evening.

This is the ending of part one. I had thought about writing it all at once, but that suddenly loomed as nearly impossible. So I will post Part Two shortly.

God bless all of you,

Jonathan

No comments: