Search This Blog

Thursday, September 8, 2011

My Promise Part 3: Fifth Sunday

It is now time to bring this narrative to its inevitable close.

Sunday 7-31-2011 was the first fifth Sunday at Fountain of Truth Church. We started service at 10:00 as we always do, but my Phillip delivered the message that morning. We had a couple who had never been to our church before, and the Spirit moved in a very sweet way. After service, we adjourned to the parsonage for food, games, and fellowship. My brother, sisters-in-law, Nick, and I went over to the parsonage first to prepare the tables and set up. After a short time, our pastor and wife, and Phillip joined us and started preparing the grill for the hamburgers and hot dogs.


 The food is on the grill and fixing to come off. It was good.

There was a very careful watch kept over the most valuable table at the parsonage.

More hovering around the food waiting for the main course.

Rearranging the layout of the items on the food table (Nick got an early start on the food).

Hmmm. I do not know if that is blessed yet. Nevertheless, it made us hungry.

Bridgette following Nick's example. That pasta might be gone before anything else.

The food is now on the table and it is time to dig in. No certain path around the table was followed.

Anthony is trying to decide where to start, and Phillip is only focused on his drink.

Pastor Talbot has his drink and plate. Has he already started?
After eating for a while we play a few games of Catchphrase (a game where you attempt to describe a word or phrase which your team tries to guess in a certain amount of time.) Kat is having trouble with her word.
Bridgette is waiting for her turn to guess.
The photographer's turn. I think that I got to reset the timer for my turn.
Even the dog was having a good time. Rex has been a member of the Pastor's family for roughly 13 years now.
Time to clean up the yard. It sure went by quick. A lot of fun was had by all invloved.
This is where the picture must end, but not the fun. There was a lapse of a few hours, and then we met at a min golf course in Davenport. We played two rounds of golf. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera and then had to rush through the second round so I could get ready for work. Therefore there are no pictures of this great and fascinating time. All I can say is that you should have been there.
I have more, but they will have to keep for a short time longer. They will bring me up to date where major events are concerned. Until then, God bless.

No comments: