Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My Promise Part 2: An Evening of Strange Events

I return to take everyone back to the events of three weeks ago. For this I actually brought my camera along and took many pictures. They are date stamped so that I can remember what happened when. The events that transpire took place the evening after the concert.

For a little bit of background, I believe that I had to work, although I am not positive about that. Phillip and Kat, my brother and sister-in-law, spent a large portion of their day working around Mom and Dad's house and the church. They then went over to my brother's house to spend time with them. This was because the order of events was reversed due to unforeseen circumstances the day before. This is where it all began.

I called Mom and found out what was going on. I then called my Anthony, my other brother, and he invited me to join him and Bridgette, his wife, and the others at the pizza parlor. Not one to pass up a chance at pizza (or a good time with my family and friends either), I made sure that I was there on time. The problem was that I then had to wait. This is what happened from their in pictures.

Incredible pizza in the evening where all of the games began. This is the beginning of the entertainment.


The problem was that I had time on my hands as they thought that we had more time than we did. Once we found out that time was going to be shorter to eat than we thought, they got on their way. Anthony and Phillip went to pick up another Anthony. As he is a few years younger than my brother, he is known as Little Anthony. In the mean time, I had plenty to occupy my attention.


I sought a sign that I was in the proper location. Here is the sign I was given.





The parking lot was fairly full. I was waiting for the everyone.

I thought the cloud formation was interesting. (Simple minds/Simple pleasures)

I enjoy watching clouds. Especially when they are like this. They shift and change constantly.

'Here Come the Wives' Kat and Bridgette. Kat is on the left and Bridgette on the right.

The distance of people and objects in these pictures are not as far or as close as they may appear. (I love the focus function on my camera.) The good times have started already.

Kat was willing to sit and wait. Bridgette and I preferred to stand around.

Bridgette on the move while waiting. This just goes to show that you can be moving and not going anywhere.

Kat was looking at something. We put our time to good use and conserved energy for fun and frivolity.


Unfortunately, I had to go by batteries. I told the girls that I need to run to Dollar General, which was just down the strip from here. However, I said that I needed 'dilithium' batteries. For those of you who do not get the joke there, dilithium is a substance that aids in the powering of starships in Star Trek. This produced a much needed round of laughter.


I do not know how Little Anthony is going to eat considering he was becoming insubstantial. Mine is the empty chair across from him.

Little Anthony was thinking a deep thought.

Little Anthony trying to use his hand to defeat a camera taking his picture. The current score: Camera-3, Little Anthony-0
Phillip is making a 'point'.

Kat is very focused.

Bridgette is focused on pizza.

We then went to play the games that were in the back. There were two games of laser tag played, but I do not have any pictures of those.

No they are not Pentecostal. They sure can pass for it though. They belong to an old fashioned Holiness denomination that has its headquarters here. I shall post more about them at another time.


After they closed, we everyone went over to Anthony and Bridgette's place for some more fun. This included a game of Catchphrase that lasted until after 0100 in the morning. Little Anthony was taken home by Anthony, and I took Bridgette to her house. After the others arrived, we had another guest who came for a time.


This is Nick. He pretty well rounds out those of us who can be called the 'youth group'.


After the games, we all went to our rests to get ready for our very first 5th Sunday. But that will have to wait until I post part three a little later in the week.
As always, stay tuned for my next update. In the  grace of goodness and grace of Jesus Christ, good night.




No comments: