Search This Blog

Monday, August 15, 2011

My Promise Fullifilled: Part 1 (My Brother from K.C. MO. is in Town)

I apologize for the lengthy title, but it was the only one that I could come up with. I also apologize for the length of the post. However, I have a much to say, and many words it will take before the story is told.

My brother and sister-in-law, Phillip and Kat, were in town three weeks ago, 7-29-2011. For reasons that I no longer remember, I did not actually did not get to see them until that evening. I had planned on joining them and my parents at my parent's house. However, this did not work out. I did not get to see them until almost 1800 (I love the 24 hour clock, makes life easier).

Mom, Dad, and I had been planning on seeing a concert put on by Ernie Haase and Signature Sound Quartet. Well, we decided to see if Phillip and Kat would like to join us, and Anthony, my other brother, had to work that night, they decided to change plans and join us at the concert. This worked out very well, but I did not get to see them until shortly before the concert.

I arrived at the River Center, the facility where the Adler Theater is located, and started looking for a parking space. I finally found a parking space in a parking lot between two buildings and right in front of a dumpster. Not my idea of a preferred parking space, but not wanting my car to be towed, I thought that it was safest to put it there. There were none of the signs saying "Car will be towed" or "Do not park". I then called Mom and Dad and guided them into a spot right  behind me. When we exited our vehicles, I got to see my Phillip and Kat for the first time on this trip.

We then entered the River Center, and I guided everyone to the Adler Theater as I had been there twice before. While waiting for Dad to finish getting our tickets or something at the box office, I met a lady who had give my brother piano lessons. After Dad finished we moved into the foyer of the theater and proceeded to study the merchandise that they had for sale.

I had asked quietly told God that I would like our family to be seated with that of my brother's former piano teacher. They belong to an old fashioned holiness denomination that has its headquarters and a number of churchs in the area (I will discuss them in greater detail at a later time). I then did not even consider it for several minutes until we walked to our seats. As we approached our places, I discovered that my prayer had been answered. We were in fact seated right next to them. The lesson here: Always pray knowing that Jesus hears and will give you the desires of your heart if it is not contrary to His will for you.

We then enjoyed the concert, and it was better than I anticipated. It was a good show, and everyone had a lot of fun. I very quickly regretted leaving my camera at home. That is the reason that I have no pictures to post. After the concert, we made our way to the tables, made purchases, took a picture of Phillip and Kat with the group, and then adjourned to my parent's house for more fun and laughter.

This is the conclusion of Part 1, and I will try to post Part 2 later today or maybe tomorrow. I apologize for the length of the post, I hope that you enjoyed it and will keep reading.

Until next time, this I Jonathan signing off.

No comments: